Pan/Parapan American Games Athletes' Village
- Toronto, Ontario
LiveWorkLeanPlay is leading the retail leasing and development and implementation of the Retail Strategy that will activate the Athletes’ Village for the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games in Toronto, Ontario.
In order to successfully host the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games in Toronto, Ontario, an 80 acre tract of post-industrial land next to the city’s core known as the West Don Lands will be transformed into a vibrant Athletes’ Village. During the Games, the Village will house over 10,000 athletes and coaches from all over the Americas. After the Games, the Village will seamlessly become a sustainable, truly mixed-use community known as the Canary District that will last for generations.
LiveWorkLearnPlay joined with Dundee-Kilmer Developments Limited to win the Request for Proposals (RFP) process facilitated by Infrastructure Ontario for the development the site. Since, LiveWorkLearnPlay has lead the Retail Strategy for the Village and has been critical in ensuring that the mixed-use vision for the community becomes a reality by providing strategic guidance on the programming and design of the buildings and public spaces. LiveWorkLearnPlay is now facilitating its Targeted Leasing and Casting (TLCTM) process to attract the “best-of-the-best” local and national business operators, and overall activation of the ground floor experience.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED
- A member of the winning team of the RFP process facilitated by Infrastructure Ontario for the development of the West Don Lands site.
- Advised Dundee-Kilmer and its team on key mixed-use elements, programming, and development strategies required to create a thriving community.
- Provided strategic guidance and feedback relating to market conditions and demand, programmed uses, site location and key adjacencies.
- Provided leadership and guidance on all ground floor designs and plans to ensure that each commercial space and programmed use will enhance the vibrancy of the overall community.
- Managing a TLCTM process in order to identify world-class business operators and manage the leasing of the Canary District in order to activate the community for generations beyond the 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games.