- New Haven, Connecticut
LiveWorkLearnPlay is developing a dynamic mixed-use district in New Haven that stitches together the city’s urban fabric and integrates surrounding neighborhoods.
Located at the gateway to Downtown New Haven, the former Coliseum site spans more than 5 acres. LiveWorkLearnPlay was selected as the preferred developer by the city to transform this urban infillsite into an exciting new neighborhood at the center of several redevelopment zones for downtown. By creating a destination mixed-use village surrounding an urban square, the site has been strategically positioned to extend the City’s revitalization efforts and connect Downtown to the Yale medical district, as well as to a transit-oriented development planned around Union Station, one of the busiest commuter train stations in the country.
As the master developer, LiveWorkLearnPlay is responsible for all aspects of site development, from conception to completion. Our team has worked collaboratively with the city, state and numerous other stakeholders in developing a vision and is now working towards implementing this vision.
WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED
- Conducted all due diligence for development, including complete development feasibility and trade area analyses
- Developed a strategic vision, market position, plan and development program
- Met with over 600 community members, business leaders, and/or stakeholders to gather input on the proposed vision and plan
- Implemented a successful social media outreach campaign that garnered over 4,800 (and growing) Facebook followers
- Secured all rezoning, land development and disposition agreements with the City of New Haven
- Leading comprehensive site and development planning, including tenant mix, parking, servicing, landscaping, and grant applications
- Targeted deal-making for all development typologies underway, from local retail business attraction to potential hotel owner and/or operator
- Preparing for construction start in Spring 2015